Issu du site Chow Divine.
Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups thinly sliced kimchi (reserve ~1/4 kimchi juice)
- 4 cups day-old or cold steamed rice
- oil + salt (if necessary) for cooking
- Drain the kimchi and reserve 1/4 cup of kimchi juice. Slice the kimchi thinly.
- Heat a non-stick or cast-iron pan over medium heat. Add about a tablespoon of neutral-tasting oil to the hot pan. Add kimchi to the pan and saute, for about 3 minutes, until the kimchi wilts. Add rice and kimchi juice and stir to mix well. Evenly spread out the mixture. Allow the bottom to become golden brown and slightly crispy, about 3 minutes. Be careful; kimchi and its juice burn easily! Mix well and add salt if necessary. Serve while hot.
For a more substantial meal, top it with an egg cooked over easy or sunny-side up.
Toasted sesame seeds and chopped green onions can be used as toppings or stir-ins if desired.
White, brown, or even a wild rice blend can be used to make this dish. Just make sure that the rice is day-old and not sticky. In the photos above, a blend of brown and wild rice was used.